Since this is day 1, I figured it would be prudent to offer a bit of explanation as to what I'm doing here. As you may remember from a recent post, I will be moving at the end of this month and that will be creating a fair amount of hassle and chaos in my life. In an effort to make sure that a month or more does not pass without any new content appearing, I will be following in the steps of Christine and posting one ink swab a day for the next 36 days. Each swab will be accompanied only by a star rating (and perhaps a link to a review, if I have done one). These ratings are not based on the performance of the ink, but just a gut reaction to the color. This is approximately how they break down:
- One star = eww, yuck, I can't think of a reason to ever try this ink
- Two stars = I don't like it, but it's not hate at first sight
- Three stars = meh, I would use this if I didn't have anything better
- Four stars = this is nice, I would happily ink this up to play
- Five stars = this would make a good desert island ink and I would be happy using it longterm
Again, those are just gut reactions, so don't take it personally if I give your favorite ink a poor rating. Also, I hope this is not the only content being posted for July, but I make no promises - moving across the country is a bit of work!
PS, nitty gritty details: these swabs were done on Tomoe River Paper, and the names were written with a glass dip pen. They were scanned in my usual way and not color corrected, so they may appear different on your monitor than they do in real life.